What do you want love to look like? I want mine to be free of fears so it is strong in and out, and something that is calming and positive and artistically spiritual like this painting but better because that would be a gift by the Master Painter if He so wills. 💙
But how these streaks enfold.
There is light!
It’s a heart of gold.
God, is this where you meet?
Bring me to my paint brushes when I am away from home.
Remind me of this freedom when I am crying of suffocation.
If my hand is pulling for a noose and my eyes are blinded by rushing streams
Gently hold me by my shoulders, guide me to art and silence,
And give me enough time.
I will hopefully carve out a creation out of chaos.
(I mean, actually inshaa Allah and aameen to that. It’s…like…an actual thing)
Secrets are gifts. They don’t belong just everywhere. A secret lives where lives Love.
I have my grandmother’s stories within me,
and my mother’s, and yours—
Why do I have yours?
I have someone else’s anger, a tragedy from another place in time
Where I wasn’t, where I’ll never be – except in the future of their past
that is already a memory
Numberless faces read out their stories and not one I could tell not to
Like I could not tell you
“I don’t want your stories!” I scream now when it’s too late—
Waking up from a dream, and sleeping into another
Why do I still find you near?
I belong to these veins
this skin covers my world
I see infinity inside
each capillary of my being.
I see infinity outside:
beyond the borders of my skin
and borders of my country.
It baffles me, sir, at how importantly huge
and still so insignificant
is this picture you and I
are oh so busy painting!
I was so busy with my exams that I missed blogging for quite a time (except when I just HAD to put the 11 May post) and now that my exams have ended and SUCH a monotonous and tiring schedule has reached its end, I’m back! 😀
These days have been so tiring, really! Our exams timetable had been so devised that there was just a day gap between each paper and that means that within like 10 days, we had to give 5 tough papers! And people like me who save for the end A LOT to study get practically killed. Physics, Maths and Chemistry
are were my subjects and 10 to 11 chapters in each.
The study system here is very different than that used in the West. Well, the faculty I had chosen was Pre-Engineering which was a headache. Not really, but it was difficult in the days I was studying it through boring teacher lectures. And as soon as I began to study them comprehensively for exams, they appeared to me to be very interesting! But the irony was, that as soon as I found them interesting, the session had come to is end. 😉
Enough for the studies info, now that I’m done with these examinations, and am free, I plan to do the following:
- Write blogs!
- Write a novel. (Draft ready in my head)
- Read many good books! (like the ones already stored in my closet and some to borrow from Moniba and yes, that one Amira told of, ‘Samir and Samira’ which I haven’t read yet!)
- Teach some kids at some school.. (Always wanted to be a teacher, though not sure if this is happening..)
- Learn to use oil-paints perfectly and make a huge painting.
- Write poetries on general topics in a brand new diary. (i.e. buy a diary first 😉 )
- Oh to help my siblings in their studies. IMPORTANT.
- Cook food!!!
- Join a summer course somewhere.
- Days spending at grandmother’s house and as she says, getting sewing classes from her! (which I’m not getting to be good at, but there’s nothing wrong in giving a try!)
- What else? Watch television, play games, and go through all my old stuff..!
Would love to know your suggestions too! 🙂
This goes as a tribute to one of the most creative and famous artists, Banksy. A graffiti artist, film director and painter. A wonderfully awesome person!
You are going to love these photos if you love art!